Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Impression On: How To Become A Better Writer

What I interpreted from this story was that maybe the girl couldn't quite find her niche, or what she wanted to pursue in life. I think she tried many ways to find out what she wanted to do then towards the end she finally found something that she was fond of. She kept coming u with a bunch of scenarios in order to solve her problem. I guess the scenarios were ways of telling us what could g wrong with that particular decision. When I began to read the story even til the end I didn't quite fully understand it, and I still don't fully, but in a wired way I do. In class when we discussed the story we touched basis on the fact that her writing this story How To Become A Writer was not much helpful but ironic because throughout the story, they criticized her work multiple times even though she was following everyone's thoughts on how to write in a great way. I did however find interesting the part in the book when the girl talked about cutting off an octopus' leg and calling it seventh heaven. That's one part of the book that really stuck out to me, and was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment