Monday, September 9, 2013

The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven

So, I enjoyed this story a lot, even though I couldn't completely grasp the subject. One subject was  his girlfriend and how they would argue and he would run off in his car riding around to let off steam, he once go stopped by police doing so because he didn't quite fit the description of the people in the neighborhood. They also had broken up. His ex girlfriend contacted him near the end of the story, and he still misses her. He used to work at this 7-11, but not exactly at the one he is buying this cream sickle out of. He goes on to stereotype the cashiers that work at 7-11, in reference to the one he has came into contact with. In his mind he thinks that the cashier thinks that he may be a robber, I'm guessing because he has long black hair. So there is a lot of stereotyping going on in the story. In the end and towards the middle he talks about himself as being an Indian, which kind of start making sense because at first he kept calling people white, but no one yet knew his race. It was also times during the story where he would be in the setting of one place, but the next minute he would be somewhere else, as if he was repeatedly going into flashback. Overall I think it was a pretty good story, I just wish it would've been organized much better.

1 comment:

  1. The story was catchy. I enjoyed reading it myself as well. I agree with you when you say that it should have been organized better. At times I found myself thinking where did that come from because it was unexpected.

    ReplyDelete