Monday, February 18, 2013

Extended Families ? . . .

Extended Families

Hi, I'm Chelsea and I am apart of an extended family. As everyone should know or see from watching movies or shows, extended families don't always work out. To some people extended families are just extra, or unwanted people in your life. For me, I was unaware of my extended family. I actually did not find out about them until years later in my life. All the while I'm thinking it's me my mother, my father and my brothers, its really my mothers side of the family and then its my dads side. Come to find out my father had a family of his own, a wife and two kids. It definitely was a surprise to me, and was very hard to cope with. I still have some void spaces in my heart today from it. I have some unanswered questions, that only keep leading to my own made up philosophies. 

In the beginning I did not like my "step mother" at all, I cant say much has changed currently, but in a way it has gotten a bit better. It's like I have all the love in the world for my father but none for her, only because she isn't my biological mother. When I think about that it seems as if I should not be mad at her and that all the blame should go to my father. All in all she was very unaware of this other family too, no one knew about anyone. My father was the one who cheated not her, so really WHO'S TO BLAME. 

Anyways, That's just a little history for you, an example of Extended Families, well the one that I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment